Our vision for The Flagship School is one where empowered and well-supported teachers, therapists, learning support assistants and support staff work in partnership with parents and carers to enable pupils to experience a high quality, exciting and integrated curriculum designed to meet their individual needs and learning styles. Therapeutic interventions, tailored to address each pupil’s communication, social and additional needs will be embedded within all aspects of the curriculum and wider life of the school.
The Flagship School aims to provide a holistic learning environment which has high aspirations for all of our pupils. We aim to incorporate and further develop best practice approaches in meeting the needs of:
- Pupils with high functioning ASD and associated difficulties
- Pupils who may have experienced developmental trauma or other adverse childhood experiences that have impacted on their emotional, social development or their mental health
- Pupils with social, emotional or mental health difficulties
So that all of our pupils can realise their full potential personally, socially, emotionally and academically.
Our Vision is that children and young people attending
the Flagship will:
- Be able to build on their strengths and develop their skills to maximise their potential
- Feel valued, safe and happy in their learning
- Make their best possible progress
- Move on successfully to further education or work