Vacancies will be advertised on this website, on our social media feeds and in the local press. There is one vacancy currently.
The Flagship School. Consultant Project Manager – 2 days a week until August 2021. Hastings. East Sussex.
The Flagship School
Project Manager - The Flagship School
Consultancy role – April 2020 – August 2021.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide expert programme management support so that the Flagship School is successfully opened in September 2021. This will involve working with and being a core part of the Pre-Opening Team and working closely with the Chair of Trustees to:
· develop and maintain a detailed project plan for all aspects of the delivery of the school;
· liaise with ESFA in their delivery of the school build and ensuring that there is synergy between this programme of construction work and the delivery of all other aspects of the school;
· manage the delivery of a high level Education Plan and curriculum plan, so that the PD can further develop these when they are in post;
· manage all aspects of the Principal Designate recruitment;
· liaise with relevant external expertise (including in particular NSN, our sponsor schools and other expertise as deemed relevant by the Pre-Opening Team) so that the pre-opening team can access timely advice and input when required;
· ensure effective stakeholder management and engagement;
· manage all aspects of the Pre-Development Grant including regular reporting to the DfE on spend;
· ensure that regular meetings of the pre-opening team and where appropriate Trustees take place and that these are accurately minuted;
· ensure that the transition to formal Trustee meetings are in place and that all of the systems are in place, prior to the opening of the school to meet the exacting requirements of Ofsted in respect of pre-opening.
Key skills and abilities.
· Strong project management skills and experience of using project management techniques and processes so as to drive forward, confidently, complex and fast moving projects, ensuring that delivery is to time and on budget.
· Strong leadership skills in driving forward complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, and in fast moving environments. Ability to identify risks and issues and to mitigate these.
· Strong drafting skills, able to work with a group of professionals to draft coherent plans and policies, and to gain consensus through this process within challenging timeframes.
· Ability and experience of setting up and managing projects from scratch – setting up new systems and processes that are agile and flexible, whilst ensuring that core safeguarding requirements are in place, are robust and are effectively managed.
· Experience of working with senior leaders from education, children’s services and external funding bodies and of having the confidence to negotiate and challenge in order to gain the best for vulnerable children.
· Strong communication skills and can confidently engage with a wide range of key stakeholders.
· Excellent partnership working skills and can actively involve and negotiate with partners to deliver a common objective.
· Ability to manage communications – including working with web-site developers and IT, updating websites and ensuring effective engagement via social media.
· Communications - ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders through a range of communication avenues (social media, formal consultations etc).
· Educated to degree level or equivalent. Project management techniques and processes so as to deliver complex projects to time and budget.
· An understanding of the education landscape, of SEN and of children’s services.
· An understanding of some of the key challenges facing children with SEND, particularly ASD/SEMH and of the importance of specialist provision to address these.
· Understanding of managing complex budgets.
· Substantial experience working at a senior level in a relevant role.
· Experience of working with schools and their partners at a senior level.
· Experience of managing and/or working with a range of consultants and other highly skilled staff, working across a number of projects.
· Highly developed programme and project management skills with expertise and experience in delivering large-scale projects. Experience of identify risks in project delivery and mitigating actions to manage these.
· Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with the capacity to devise and implement innovative solutions.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with high level negotiation and influencing skills.
· Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners/professionals.
· Clear evidence of political sensitivity and awareness.
· Experience of managing complex budgets.
· Managing effective communications with a range of stakeholders, including meetings, web-site and social media.
· High level of self-motivation and personal organisation.
· Ability to work independently demonstrating initiative and pro-activity and able to adapt to change.
- Flexible, Honest, Proactive, Confidential, Reliable, Cool under Pressure.
To apply for the role, please send in your CV and a
covering letter to Helen.Kay@theflagshipschool.org.uk